I was watching Food Network and saw this and I like to share it with u guys. Although I am not a fan of Pizza Hut or atleast not in the Middle East region!
The history of Pizza hut began in 1958, when what is now the world's largest pizza franchise was born. Today the Pizza hut company is part of the Pepsi Empire, but back then two brothers Dan and Frank Carney borrowed $600 from their mother and started to forge the history of Pizza hut.
Fun Facts in Pizza Hut History
- Pizza hut are the world's largest user of cheese, one of their secret recipes is the Insider pizza and that alone uses a pound of cheese. on each pizza. Over the course of a summer it is estimated that Pizza hut uses a 100 million pounds of cheese. Pizza Hut uses more than 300 million pounds of cheese annually.
- To make that amount of cheese requires 360 million gallons of milk.
- Pizza Hut purchases more than 3 percent of all cheese production in the United States , which requires a herd of about 170,000 dairy cows to produce it.
- They also use 700.000.000 pounds of pepperoni and 525.000.000 pound of tomatoes in one year.
- In 2010 Pizza hut history was made again, when they were the first national pizza franchise to allow their customers to order online in Spanish.
- Ringo Starr (the drummer of the Beatles) played in a Pizza Hut commercial in 1995, together with The Monkees.
- Gorbachev (the former president of the USSR) also played in a Pizza Hut commercial.
- In 2001 Pizza Hut sponsored a pizza delivery to the international space station.
- One of the bad guys in the movie Spaceballs is called Pizza the Hutt.
- The oldest Pizza Hut that is still functional is in Wichita, Kansas.
|They called it hut because it looked like a ski hut.|
Check out the mini red car LOL cute!! Oh and I still remember the Bigfoot pizza back in 1993 :P